Multiple Teams with Multiple Skillsets available
HTA confidently investigate all building elements and materials via NDT technology, exposure and breakout techniques plus sampling procedures, backed up with over 30 years of experience, supported by expert lab analysis.
Our Building Investigation work falls into two main categories; first, how a building is constructed and second the condition of the building elements themselves. These lists are not exhaustive, but give you a flavour of the length and depth of the work we cover.
Need to determine how a building is constructed?
If you need to discover not only the construction details but also the construction type, HTA offers a complete remit of works to provide you with all the data required to move forward with confidence.
- Concrete Type - is it reinforced, pre-cast, post tensioned or steel encased
- Concrete Strength - determination carried out via NDT and compressive testing
- Steel Reinforcement - NDT to determine of bar depth and pattern including multiple layers
- Steel Grade - determination of tensile strength via removal of samples
- Metal Beams - determination of construction details by exposure
- Metal Beam Weldability - chemical analysis determining carbon equivalent value
- Metal Type & Grade - by removal of samples and metallurgical testing
- Cavity Wall Ties - determining presence and correct spacing
- Masonry Construction Details - determination via NDT, exposure and coring
- Masonry & Mortar Strength - determination via sampling and analysis
- Paint Inspections - adhesion testing plus sampling for lead content and type analysis
- Timber & Wood - visual assessment, grading plus dry and wet rot surveys
Need to know the condition of building elements?
Degradation, corrosion, non-compliant construction and change of use are the main causes of building problems and HTA offer a full remit of works to provide you with all the data required to move forward with confidence.
- Regent Street Disease - assessing the presence and condition of embedded metal elements
- Reinforced Concrete - NDT to determine extent & rate of corrosion of embedded reinforcement
- HAC Concrete - detection and condition of High Alumina Cement elements
- RAAC - detection and condition of Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete
- Post Tensioned Concrete - NDT and sampling to determine post tension condition
- Metal Elements - ultrasonic thickness technology for corrosion surveys
- Welds - ultrasonic technology, MPI and DYE Penetration for inspection and testing
- Cavity Wall Ties - determining embedment, condition and type
- Masonry Condition - visual assessment to determine loss of brick facade and mortar beds
- Paint Condition - visual assessment for debondment, cracking and failure
- Timber & Wood - assessment for dry and wet rot surveys and insect attack
Drones and a 50m MEWP
HTA utilising New and Old Technology for the best results.
Watch more videos of the HTA crew at work by clicking here
Build confidence by getting in touch
Take advantage of our Open Door Policy
Even if you do not end up using HTA we are happy to advise on the best course of action for the outcome you wish to achieve.
It is impossible for one company to carry out every project, however we can share our expertise far and wide.