Sharing Knowledge saves Lives
In our industry it is our duty to share acquired knowledge.
The Structural and Testing field is bigger than any one company and the ramifications of industry experts not working together, companies not sharing knowledge and experience only leads to an unnecessary loss of human life and financial costs to the economy.
As such, we at Henderson Thomas are always looking at new avenues to get the work out on what we have learned to save structural assets and protect lives and these include.
- HTA Events – Presentations & guest speakers at prestigious locations.
- Magazine Features – Informational pieces and case studies.
- CPD Events – Held at our clients premises.
- Tech Days – Showcasing the latest technology at our premises.
- Exhibition Events – Showcasing the latest technology on our stands.
- Social Media – Updates on the latest tech, best practice and our R&D.
Concrete Magazine Fibres April 2020
With steel-fibre-reinforced concrete becoming more prevalent in construction, problems can arise in determining potential defects, such as voidage due to clumping of the fibres.
Warren Thomas of Henderson Thomas Associates outlines how ultrasonic pulse technology (tomography) overcame the issue of detecting the presence of such voids in a fibre-reinforced concrete slab.
The ground-bearing slab within this particular warehouse under investigation was some 6500m²in area and problems had been detected while drilling holes into the slab for the insertion of a racking anchorage system.
Got a query? Give us a call!
Take advantage of our Open Door Policy
Even if you do not end up using HTA we are happy to advise on the best course of action for the outcome you wish to achieve. It is impossible for one company to carry out every project, however we can share our expertise far and wide.